Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ready...set...go!

Hi everyone,


This is my first music-related blog! I decided it would be interesting/fun to document the happenings along my musical journey. I've never talked or written much about my songwriting publicly, so this is exciting for me!

Music, music, music. What can I say about it? Writing music is how I express myself. My emotions simmer and perculate until something bubbles over into a song. When it's finished, and it says exactly what I intended to say, or expresses exactly how I'm feeling, it's the most gratifying feeling in the world.

I was inspired and influenced by many people as a child. Fred Child (from NPR) used to live across the street from me when I was little. I used to go over and sit on his porch steps and listen to him play piano. My piano teacher Maureen; I was lucky to have the same piano teacher for all those years of lessons. Musical friends in high school and college. Favorite music artists. My very favorite is William Fitzsimmons. http://www.williamfitzsimmons.com/ His music is so honest. My brother and I were lucky enough to get to watch him perform in early August of this year. We even met him after the show!

So, what am I doing? My goal is to get all my songs recorded, and have a finished product I can be proud of. I would like to put them together in an album or two. I haven't planned much past there. I'm recording at Wild Rose Studios in Corvallis. http://www.wildrosestudios.com/



The most important thing to me at this point is to be true to myself, to be authentic. Not write to please others, or to produce what I think they want to hear. It's tough. I'm not used to being so open and exposed. I know I'm not an expert. I find myself in a very vulnerable position. But I do want to share with people.

I have a few songs posted here on my fb music page: www.facebook.com/pages/Katie-D/292731998033 if you'd like to listen. :)



Thank you for your support along my journey.

Katie D
p.s. My next recording date is tentatively set for November 4th - excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment