Thursday, February 24, 2011

The dichotomy of Alone

Thanks to Amy for this great video.

How to be Alone

On the flip-side...my personal thoughts on loss of companionship. Companionship is a bare-bones basic want/need that people have. Just having another person around...someone who cares on a basic level and is just there. A human being that breathes and thinks and speaks their mind. Or even a pet. for some people, the love a pet generates is great companionship.

I like my alone time. There are certain things I am able to accomplish in that space and no other. Part of me is bothered that some days I'm not ok with alone...because I want to be OK with alone. I pride myself on being fairly independent, and self-sufficient...and I am for the most part. I want my basic happiness to be self-generated, and it generally is.

But it's ok to not be ok with it on some days, right?