Monday, April 4, 2011

Scratch tracks


Saturday is my scratch track session at Wild Rose: I will be recording all (as many as I think are ready) my songs to send in for copyrighting. Then I will set up my first gig in almost 10 years. Needless to say, I am really excited!

Some of these songs I haven't played in quite awhile. So I have been practicing. It is interesting what emotions are stirred up. Some songs I wrote as early as age 15. As I sing and play, I am thoroughly reminded how it felt to be a teenage version of me, and the torrent of emotions I felt at the time. Although I have changed much, and have (hopefully) gained more balance, I retain that same part of me that holds intensity of emotion and passion for life. The part which wants so badly to express itself.

One thing that has changed: I do not mind being vulnerable. In the music, I can wear my heart on my sleeve.