Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday intermission

This Christmas break has turned out to be fantastic! I am really enjoying it. It's sparkly, colorful, intruiging, and musical! I was privileged to go to a CRS (Corvallis Repertory Singers) concert last night. It was incredible and stirring.
www.repsing.org

Bells on my stocking

This week is a contrast to last week, which was emotionally exhausting. Let me explain. I wrote two new songs. Writing music for me is hard sometimes, because the process can be very draining. After all the internal wrestling, frustration, searching for words, and much heart-wrenching, the end result is worth it all for me. When I have finished a song that conveys exactly what I was feeling when I wrote it... well I struggle to put that into words. I feel heard, complete, empowered, un-stuck, centered, joyful. One of the best feelings in the world.

I am very excited for this upcoming new year! Some really cool things are going to be happening.

Ornament from when I was born