Sunday, February 19, 2012

< Insert your cliché of choice here >

Hey, you! Yeah, you. I see you there, all cute and unassuming.

I'll get right to the point. Yesterday was a rough day. For some reason, everything came piling down on top of me at once in my mind, and I felt pretty darn frustrated. I vent-texted many friends and family members. I recall wishing I had a punching bag. I'm not one to lament my circumstances, whatever they are. I generally like where I am (wherever that may be at the moment), and how I ended up there is nothing to regret. Life is for living and learning. Sometimes learning takes longer in some departments than others... and sometimes pride needs to go out the window so we can accept help.

And sometimes your gluten-free apple bread with chocolate chips turns out like this:

(delicious, but no beauty prize)

I have now caught up on some housework, laundry, dishes, and homework. You know, those little things that help make the rest of life a little smoother. (It's nice when I don't have to use a washcloth to dry off after a shower.)

(deep breath)


Looking forward: I have a photo shoot for the album cover coming up near the beginning of March. What to wear!!!?? It's clothes-hunting time. I don't always enjoy shopping, but this is different. I am on a mission!

And as soon as I'm done coughing (coming down with a cold = body telling me to slow down), I'll be back in the studio to give attention to the tracks that are patiently waiting...Linkand soon I hope to have a gig set up!
One thing at a time.

As long as I can still make semi-funny faces at myself in the mirror, I think I'll be alright. And these are especially for the amusement of my family, who have enjoyed/suffered my sense of humor for longer than anyone else on the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment