Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What do you love?

I love:

Color play
Freshly-baked gluten-free cookies (I keep walking away from the computer to put another batch in...we'll see how they turn out)
Sudden rain, and then bright sun 10 minutes later
Smooshing myself inbetween the pillows and blankies
Hot soup in my tummy
When Maritza cooks for me
An excuse to get muddy
Dark dark chocolate
Enthusiastic piano students :)
Knowing that I have people who love me all over the country/world
Foreign languages
Adjustable piano benches
The smell of freshly-cut wood
I smelled flowers this morning! That.
Exchange of creative ideas
Anything really well-written
Oregon
Grammar
Doing the monkey dance for Jrd
The playful, silly side of things
Music being everywhere
Old books and me getting my hands on them
A good pair of boots. Brown, please.
Handcrafted things
That time just before sleep when all the really cool ideas pop into my head...wish I could remember them...
(These cookies are good!)
Completed homework
Family inside jokes
Reminiscing


And here is something cool I came across today:
"Ai," the traditional Chinese character for love (愛) consists of a heart (middle) inside of "accept," "feel," or "perceive," which shows a graceful emotion. It can also be interpreted as a hand offering ones heart to another hand.



I could go on and on, but what's on your list? I want to hear.
Anyone who responds (in the blogger comment field) will get a surprise in the mail. :) The REAL MAIL. Not email. Haha!
Happy Valentine's Day! And happy birthday to Oregon! <3

p.s. here's a little visual Valentine's treat from my friend Amy: Artist in the Arctic


4 comments:

  1. I luv...
    My kiddos dancing in the car
    Greek yogurt
    Picking blueberries
    Staying up really late reading a good book
    Sleeping in!
    Garage sales
    Pineapple
    Smell/sound of lawn being cut
    Playing dress-up
    Carbs!!
    Zumba
    Doggie kisses
    Sleeping on the trampoline
    Road trips
    Girls nights out
    Snuggling w/ my boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how can I count the things?
    Dark chocolate anything
    dark chocolate anything!
    Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips
    the smell of rain and woodsmoke mixed together
    cuddling up with a great book and a blankie :)
    eye drops
    My 2 best friends
    an awesome former roommate! (JHG)
    My clean bedroom
    Fresh laundry
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    great music turned up loud
    making $
    Mac and Cheese (the velveeta kind)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love
    Chai
    Extremely sparkly things
    the smell of dried grass and mountain sage in the summer
    The smell of saw dust
    waking up to the sunlight during any season
    waking up to the sounds of cooking and the smell of bacon
    laughing till I cry with friends
    people who are passionate
    standing on the tip of a cliff and feeling the wind around you
    hugging someone you havent seen in a long time
    cooking a dinner when your starving and enjoying every bite.
    driving through huge puddles
    bubble baths with a good book
    sitting around the fire with my family
    sit down dinners at home
    climbing (trees, cliffs, anything)
    working hard and having a beer at the end of the day
    kisses on my neck
    chinese food
    so much more, but those are just a few things that were brought up today ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these. Thanks for your replies! Something will show up in your mail over the next week or two. ;)

    ReplyDelete